Friday, April 6, 2007

I'm on hiatus from schoolwork for a little while. I tried to schedule a meeting with my group for my print resources class, but I've had no luck yet. There's another paper due at the end of this month. It'll be an easy one to knock out. It's the final paper that unsettles me. It's a review of reference materials for a collection. It's akin to the bibliography I had to do for my previous class. Not fun.

I e-mailed and phoned my advisor a few times trying to get enrolled for summer classes. She finally called me the other day. Turns out that she hadn't even opened one of my e-mails. Dear god! If I have to spend this much time trying to enroll myself, do they really want me graduating from their program?

No job news. I wish I could say one way or the other, but I'm relishing in the in-between moment. It's so much like a new relationship--"Do they want me?" and "Are they interested?". That sort of stuff that's sooooo cutesy and sickening. I want the job. I wouldn't have gone to the trouble to send in my resume and interview for it, if I didn't. Just let me know. Quit playing games with my heart. Ah, well. I'll let you know. No worries.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I suppose I have been out of school for a grand total of 6months. I went through something similar though, advisors that were just too busy. In that case I used the squeaky wheel method and it seemed to work.